Here is a half-day workshop to switch from making good marketing, to making marketing good.
Let’s pick up on some of the key themes from the You Are The Media Conference and create a learning environment.
The You Are The Media Summer Tour is brought to you by support and generosity of Dorset Growth Hub and is completely free.
WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO LEARN?
With GDPR now with us, it puts even more emphasis on you being relevant so others want to stick with you. The biggest objective for businesses today is to have a loyal audience. The biggest problem with businesses today is sameness.
Here are some of the area we will cover:
- Why you need to build an audience
- Having a voice that is truly yours
- Why you need to build spaces that you control
- Stealing audience from Facebook, Twitter etc.
- Why you are the media
WHAT IS YOU ARE THE MEDIA?
You Are The Media is a weekly email, sent every Thursday morning at 9am that encourages businesses to own the spaces that are theirs.
You Are The Media is also a podcast, a Lunch Club and also a conference. The summer tour allows us to take some time out, reflect, spend time together and look at our own businesses and where we sit today.
It is also important to make the You Are The Media project accessible to others within Dorset.
IF YOU ARE A MEMBER OR NOT A YOU ARE THE MEDIA COMMUNITY MEMBER
1) If you came to the You Are The Media Conference:
- We will pick up on the key themes from the event
- You will already have a grounding and a head start on everyone else
- Use this as a way to keep the momentum going from the conference by investing in yourself and your business
2) If you are not coming to the conference (but part of the You Are The Media community):
- this gives you a chance to look at topics raised in a more strategic way, that is away from the regular lunch clubs and emails
- From the weekly email, this gives a bit more direction in you becoming the media
3) If you are not a member of the You Are The Media community and not coming to the conference (why not join here):
- this gives you a chance to meet people who are making their stand and learn together
- Let’s share with you that the way you may have been marketing your business these past few years is now probably a waste of time
The whole focus is to demonstrate the validity of an owned media approach. There are people and businesses standing up and making a change that are realistic and not in the realms of Red Bull, Coke etc. which are places with bottomless pits of money.
This is the definition of becoming the media:
A MEDIA COMPANY REPRESENTS THE ABILITY TO DELIVER A CONSISTENT MESSAGE TO A TARGETED AUDIENCE THROUGH A PREFERRED CHANNEL, IN ORDER TO INFORM, ENLIGHTEN AND ENTERTAIN.
Look forward to seeing you on the tour. Let’s learn together.